Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Tree Frog Samurai


Ello, ello

Well it sure is crappy outside here in Pittsburgh, reminds me Gotham City from Batman. Today I'm inspired to do a bit of brainstorming and thumb-nailing to get things rolling for my self promotion. So today I'm going to be writing out more of my *storybook *(The title is called: In a town a few hours away) also communicating with other art colleagues of mine on art related ventures and ideas.

Tree Frog Samurai

Backstory: This was a concept idea I had a few years back but never gotten to finish. It was about a Treefrog...that was of course a samurai, walking in a forest with no real destination. It had no UBER story plot (much like those really cool Aeon Flux cartoons...before they ruined it by giving her a voice), he just gets in fights here and there with typical things in a forest trying to eat or harm him, things like spiders, birds, rodents, ninja mice, other frog swordsmen even *giants *(aka: humans). The comic series was going to be call Gunpowder Green named after my favorite tea and it was going to have no dialogue and narrated using haikus....Someday I'll continue this idea but for now it's on the back burner.

I started out like usually do with a simple drawing and then inked in black. I was trying some different coloring techniques in Photoshop, because I wanted to give it a watercolor or painted feel to it. You may notice in the image I intentionally left some fake bleed areas like in the mushroom. I used a watercolor brush setting and created the trees in background using those brushes as well.

The sunbeams was done using a cloud render layer and then a noise filter for the dust particles. Then after that I just fiddled around with the opacity and eraser tool.

I think the hardest part was the whole over all choosing a color design and making the right "mistakes" in all the right places. The trees in the background was a lot of fun to paint. (^_^)

Well that's all I got for today, as usually ask questions or leave comments...

--Cheerio


No comments:

Post a Comment