Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wasp on a Flower


"So I'm taking my blogging as of today a little more serious"

W
ell today actually I was suppose to go to work, but whine up not having a ride in due to a bit of miss communication; so I decided to call off work and venture to my friendly neighborhood coffeeshop and work on some art. I figure today would be a good time to catch up on my internet social networking to try and promote myself. So I'm taking my blogging as of today a little more serious than just posting a short paragraph and/or just an image.

The Wasp on a Flower

Backstory: Its originally from a photo reference; I totally forgot where I got it from, I think it was a sample pic in my Blackberry Storm I dunno (O_o)?

Like most my pics I drew it using a blue pencil and inked it using Copics and a *GraphGear 1000 ballpoint I got from Jetpen.com.
*(on a side note I recently found out that the GraphGear series from Pentel will be discontinue...this sucks because I think it's a good pen to help fine tune some lines with Copics)


Now after all the traditional prep work is done its Photoshop time! Some people look at it and think the wings might have been the hardest part, but believe it or not the highlights on the main body was the worst thing ever! Getting the white highlight shapes just right trying to make it all shiny and reflective...grrrr.

Well I added in a rainbow gradiant into the wasp body and wings because I wanted that shiny look soap bubbles and some marbles have. For the white highlights I put in some organic shapes and used the smudge tool to create a more 3D feel vs. the cartoony highlights in most my works.
Also, the give the drawing more personality I adjust the black lines I originally inked in blues in some spots. It was colored using the basic PS tools and default brushes nothing real fancy.

If you have any questions or ideas, please feel free to leave a comment (^_^)



No comments:

Post a Comment