Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Squid in a Blender


ZOMBIES!!!

Well the Zombie Walk turned out in my opinion...ok, although there were some pretty cool well thought out costumes; I feel you didn't miss much, if for some reason you couldn't make it. The bands were ok, I saw some familiar faces and even score a hug from a random cute girl (then later realized why a cute girl would want to hug me for and that I should have really checked my pockets...nothing was taken BTW) 
The day before the Zombie Walk on Saturday I visited a friend of mine and went over some watches and trinkets I got real cheap from a flea market. There was some pretty cool stuff in that pile of watches and trinkets; I found some awesome things I could use for props in my steampunk costume.
Sorry I didn't post on Monday, my mind was a bit in "meh" mode with internal personal issues.
Today I'm doing a little better, been depress a little and I'm trying to find a healthy creative outlet. This week and weekend I may try to oil paint once again!

Squid in a Blender

Now this was the first tattoo design I've ever made and it wasn't really for anyone, just a tattoo flash portfolio piece. Years ago I use to hang out and draw with my friends at this tattoo parlor called Kingpin Tattoo out in Bellevue; who knew 3 years later I'd be living in that same area lol.
Although it never has been tattooed on anyone, It has been request several times from random people on the internet as a requested tattoo so I assume they're some people running around with it on there skin since the imagine outline is available on my Deviantart website

As usually same drill of drawing and inking traditional was applied then colored in Photoshop. The coloring in the pic was the first times I was really using Photoshop outside an assignment in art school and discovered my unique coloring style you see today. For me this is like looking at a home movie of me learning to ride a bike without training wheels. If you really look at it  you can see a lot of amateur hour rookie no-noes; now will I point them out? haha no, where's the fun in that; plus all that matters is if I like it and to this day I still do.

I may go back in and fix some things and even add on it; I think I can take it up a skill level and make it more creeper. I was thinking adding in some harsher shadows, some more mid-tones and cleaning up some of those highlights.

The linework to me still is very strong and is almost the same kind of art workmen ship I still have today. When I look at it though, I do feel that I evolved; you can tell I drew it but you can also tell it's dated compared to what I can do now in linework and color.
For some reason it plucks a sentimental cord with me, now that I think about it I may actually get this tattooed on myself. I guess it would go well on a leg, thigh or a really big bicep; what do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment